Re: I have some questions...

От Michal Taborsky
Тема Re: I have some questions...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Prabu Subroto wrote:
> My boss requested that my application is equipped with
> emoicon (smiley) in the sales report. That's why I
> need to know, is it possible to save a small image
> into the postgres? with which data type should I
> define the column (field)?

What do you mean by "equipped with emoicon (smiley) in the sales
report"? If you are producing some formatted output from your data
stored in database (HTML, PDF, whatever), I suggest you add the emoticon
on application level. You can store some representation of the emoticon
within the text (like ":-)" or ":-(") and then substitute this text on
application level with the image. If you realy want to store image data
in database (which I am not sure is a very good idea), you can use
binary data type, see
<http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/static/datatype-binary.html>.

> Something in MySQL like this:
> "
> alter table salesreport add column emoicon after
> report
> "

Read the manual on ALTER TABLE command
<http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/static/sql-altertable.html>. You can