Building Pg 8.2.4 on AIX 5.3 doesn't produce shared libs?

От Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
Тема Building Pg 8.2.4 on AIX 5.3 doesn't produce shared libs?
Дата
Список pgsql-general

I would like to use Perl, DBI, and DBD::Pg on AIX.  As I understand it, I need a shared lib version of the client libs for this.

When building on AIX5.3 ML04 (powerpc_power5, 64 bit), it seems only the static libraries are built.  This seems true with either xlc (8.x) or gcc (3.3.2).  Everything works, there are just no ./lib/*.so at the end of the process.

I see the 8.2 history mentions a fix was added to allow shared libs to build on aix.

This must be something basic I don't understand.  Any pointers to get on the right track would be greatly appreciated.

Tim

Need Mail bonding?