Re: Building Pg 8.2.4 on AIX 5.3 doesn't produce shared libs?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Building Pg 8.2.4 on AIX 5.3 doesn't produce shared libs?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Sic Transit Gloria Mundi <sitrglmu@yahoo.com> writes:
> I would like to use Perl, DBI, and DBD::Pg on AIX.  As I understand it, I need a shared lib version of the client
libsfor this.

> When building on AIX5.3 ML04 (powerpc_power5, 64 bit), it seems only the static libraries are built.  This seems true
witheither xlc (8.x) or gcc (3.3.2).  Everything works, there are just no ./lib/*.so at the end of the process.

IIRC, on AIX the .a files actually are shared libraries.  You don't need
anything named .so.  Check the -hackers and -patches archives from back
around mid-Sept 2006 for details.

От: William Garrison
Сообщение: npgsql and standard_conforming_strings
От: "Jasbinder Singh Bali"
Сообщение: Spliting a string in plpgsql