Re: Why don't we allow DNS names in pg_hba.conf?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Why don't we allow DNS names in pg_hba.conf?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Personally, I doubt there's any great use case for DNS names. Like Tom
> says, if it involves much more that removing the AI_NUMERICHOST hint
> then let's forget it.

Perhaps more to the point: let's do that and wait to see if the field
demand justifies expending lots of sweat on anything smarter.  Given
that we've gone this long with only allowing numeric IPs in pg_hba.conf,
I suspect we'll find that few people really care.

Сообщение: Re: Why don't we allow DNS names in pg_hba.conf?
Сообщение: Re: Why don't we allow DNS names in pg_hba.conf?