Re: [BUGS] BUG #14825: enum type: unsafe use?

От David E. Wheeler
Тема Re: [BUGS] BUG #14825: enum type: unsafe use?
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Sep 25, 2017, at 10:55, Andrew Dunstan <andrew.dunstan@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> Let's ask a couple of users who I think are or have been actually
> hurting on this point. Christophe and David, any opinions?

If I understand the issue correctly, I think I’d be fine with requiring ALTER TYPE ADD LABEL to be disallowed in a
transactionthat also CREATEs the type if it’s not currently possible to reliably tell when an enum was created in a
transaction.Once you can do that, then by all means allow it!

My $2.

Best,

David