Re: Twelve days to feature freeze

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Twelve days to feature freeze
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:

>"Andrew Dunstan" <andrew@dunslane.net> writes:
>

>>I am still hopeful that we can get a significant plperl improvement before
>>feature freeze, including shared data space, set returning funcs,
>>composite returning funcs, triggers and an spi query mechanism. It will be
>>touch and go and we might not make the cut, but i'm going to try.
>>

>I think we're trying to discourage people from the "submit big patch
>on June 30" mindset.  If you've got any chance of making feature freeze
>then you must have something fairly interesting already.  Put up a
>work-in-progress patch so that you can get some feedback sooner, instead
>of later.
>
>As an example, Alvaro's been putting up WIP patches for nested
>transactions regularly.  I have to admit that I personally have been
>awful about giving him any feedback, but others have done more.

We have a version that works with cvs tip (at least of a day or so ago).
See http://cvs.pgfoundry.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/plperlng/plperlng/  -
all the features I mentioned are there.

Because pgfoundry is having trouble with anoncvs (which I am trying to
fix) I have put a dropin replacement for the core cvs plperl directory
here: http://pgfoundry.org/download.php/36/plperlng-2004-06-19.tar.gz

The reasons for not submitting a patch yet are: that the API is not
quite settled (see
http://lists.pgfoundry.org/pipermail/plperlng-devel/2004-June/date.html
), that we need to do quite a lot of testing, and that the docs are
almost totally nonexistant. Any help or comments will be appreciated.

cheers

andrew