Re: Improving postgresql.conf

От Mark Kirkwood
Тема Re: Improving postgresql.conf
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
This seems like a nice idea -

It might even be worth targeting a couple pf specific "ranges" - e.g :
machines with 1G RAM and 4G RAM  ( "medium" are "large" come to mind, I
know it's a bit like that "other" database product we know of.... but
that doesn't mean it's necessarily bad!)

Mark

Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:

> I'm strongly in favour of distribution postresql.conf-large as well,
> with much higher settings for SCSI, 1GM RAM machines, say.  This is
> exactly as MySQL does it and I think it's a great idea.
>
> At least then an admin will notice the file there and say to
> themselves "I wonder what I need to do to configure for a big server,
> i guess that implies that this default postgresql.conf won't perform
> very well"...
>
> Chris

Сообщение: Re: Improving postgresql.conf
Сообщение: Re: Improving postgresql.conf