Re: Improving postgresql.conf

От Christopher Kings-Lynne
Тема Re: Improving postgresql.conf
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Would it help to have two lines in the config file for each setting, one
> with the default (comment) and one with the actual setting? So for
> example, the postgresql.conf would ship with something like this:
>
> #tcpip_socket = false       #default
> tcpip_socket = false

Even better, have a postgresql.conf-dist file for reference.

I'm strongly in favour of distribution postresql.conf-large as well,
with much higher settings for SCSI, 1GM RAM machines, say.  This is
exactly as MySQL does it and I think it's a great idea.

At least then an admin will notice the file there and say to themselves
"I wonder what I need to do to configure for a big server, i guess that
implies that this default postgresql.conf won't perform very well"...

Chris

Сообщение: Re: Improving postgresql.conf
Сообщение: Re: Improving postgresql.conf