Upper limit for a dump file?

От Kris Kiger
Тема Upper limit for a dump file?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I am trying to restore a dump of two independant databases.  Each
database is the same in table structure (there is only one table that
consists of 5 integers, a timestamp with time zone, and a boolean).
 Here are the number of rows:
    DB1 - 115,539,855 rows
    DB2 - 118,022,948 rows

There are no keys/indexes/etc on the table.  The uncompressed tar file
is 5.5GB.  I am running PG 7.4.

When I try to move this data to another database (via pg_dump &
pg_restore) it fails each time, for each database) with:
    pg_restore: [archiver (db)] error returned by PQputline

I find it highly unlikely that I have corrupted data in each database,
since each were generated on different postgres installations on
different machines.  I can still query the original databases (DB1 &
DB2) with no problem.  It looks like all of the data is intact.  Any
ideas what may be the root of the problem or how I can find out more
about this error PQputline returned?

In advance, I appreciate your help!

Kris