Re: Default Locale in initdb

От Christopher Kings-Lynne
Тема Re: Default Locale in initdb
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> This has bitten me a couple times. In what version did it change?
>
> My feeling, and I'd like to see what everyone else thinks, is that if you
> do not specify a locale, you get "C."

I think that initdb should default to something, and do the following:

* Have an explicit warnign if no locale specified, and what it is
defaulting to

* Same for encoding.  NO-ONE knows about the -E option when they first
use postgres.  Trust me on this.

* Same for -W.  NO-ONE knows this exists.  Then they change their trusts
to md5 and they can't login to their postgres account anymore.