Re: turn WAL off.

От Marty Scholes
Тема Re: turn WAL off.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
tom lane writes:
 > To be blunt, you don't want Postgres.  Consider Berkeley DB or tinysql
 > or (holds nose) MySQL.  What you're after isn't
 > within the design goals for this project, either
 > as to disk footprint or disinterest in power
 > failure behavior.

Or, put the WAL files on a RAM disk (/tmp under Solaris, dunno for
Linux).  Soft links would do the trick nicely.  Make sure that you
understand that shutting down the machine, even cleanly, will likely
destroy your Pg installation.

I have actually done this temporarily during emergency Oracle recovery,
when it was important to minimuze reload time.  If the machine crashed
during the reload, I didn't really lose that much.

Сообщение: Re: Use arrays to store multilanguage texts
Сообщение: Re: Use arrays to store multilanguage texts