Re: Use arrays to store multilanguage texts

От Karsten Hilbert
Тема Re: Use arrays to store multilanguage texts
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> > I am wondering, if it's effective to use text arrays to store
> > multilanguage information.
We solved it like this:

http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/*checkout*/gnumed/gnumed/gnumed/server/sql/gmI18N.sql?rev=1.15

- i18n_curr_lang holds the (ISO) language string per user
- i18n_keys holds the strings to be translated
- i18n_translations holds the translations
- function i18n() inserts a text value into i18n_keys thus
  marking it for translation, this we use during insertion of
  data in the "primary language" (think gettext, think English)
- function _() returns a translated text value (or it's
  primary language equivalent), we use that in queries and view
  definitions
- v_missing_translations is a view of, well, ...

Then here:

http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/*checkout*/gnumed/gnumed/gnumed/server/locale/dump-missing-db_translations.py?rev=1.3

we've got a Python tool that will connect to your database and
create schema files ready for re-insertion via psql after
adding the missing translations. Kind of like a gettext po
file.

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346