Re: ODBC Driver Options

От Andrew Ayers
Тема Re: ODBC Driver Options
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Jeff Eckermann wrote:
> A neat little trick that will work with any ODBC
> driver:
>
> 1. Create a file (any name) with a .udl extension.
> 2. Run the file
> 3. In the dialog that comes up, choose "use
> connections string", and "build"; then follow the
> prompts.
> 4. When done, open the file with a text editor.  You
> will see a full connection string, with the names of
> all of the driver options.
>
> Thanks to the poster, whose name I cannot recall, who
> suggested this.

Cool - this works great - thanks!

BTW - the "Use declare/fetch" option for the string was:

UseDeclareFetch=1 (or 0 to turn off)

[smacks head against desk - walks away in shame]

Andrew

> --- Andrew Ayers <aayers@eldocomp.com> wrote:
>
>>Nicola Tiling wrote:
>>
>>>Have a look here
>>>

> http://www.flatmtn.com/computer/Linux-PostgreSQL.html
>
>>>I think "use declare/fetch" is "FETCH"
>>
>>I will give it a shot and play around with it -
>>thank you for the
>>reference!!!
>>
>>Andrew Ayers
>>Phoenix, Arizona
>>

>>>'   PG_ODBC_PARAMETER           ACCESS_PARAMETER
>>>'   *********************************************
>>>'   READONLY                    A0
>>>'   PROTOCOL                    A1
>>>'   FAKEOIDINDEX                A2  'A2 must be 0
>>
>>unless A3=1
>>
>>>'   SHOWOIDCOLUMN               A3
>>>'   ROWVERSIONING               A4
>>>'   SHOWSYSTEMTABLES            A5
>>>'   CONNSETTINGS                A6  'must be a
>>
>>value, blank is A6=;
>>
>>>'   FETCH                       A7  'must be a
>>
>>value, try 100
>>
>>>'   SOCKET                      A8  'default 4096
>>>'   UNKNOWNSIZES                A9  ' range [0-2]
>>>'   MAXVARCHARSIZE              B0  'must be a
>>
>>value, default 254
>>
>>>'   MAXLONGVARCHARSIZE          B1
>>>'   DEBUG                       B2
>>>'   COMMLOG                     B3
>>>'   OPTIMIZER                   B4  ' note that 1
>>
>>= _cancel_ generic optimizer...
>>
>>>'   KSQO                        B5
>>>'   USEDECLAREFETCH             B6
>>>'   TEXTASLONGVARCHAR           B7
>>>'   UNKNOWNSASLONGVARCHAR       B8
>>>'   BOOLSASCHAR                 B9
>>>'   INVERSEBOOL?                BI  '"true is
>>
>>-1"?, 0=checked?
>>
>>>'   PARSE                       C0
>>>'   CANCELASFREESTMT            C1
>>>'   EXTRASYSTABLEPREFIXES       C2  'must be a
>>
>>value, default dd_

-- CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE --

This message is intended for the sole use of the individual and entity to whom it is addressed, and may contain
informationthat is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the
intendedaddressee, nor authorized to receive for the intended addressee, you are hereby notified that you may not use,
copy,disclose or distribute to anyone the message or any information contained in the message. If you have received
thismessage in error, please immediately advise the sender by reply email, and delete the message. Thank you.