How do I grant access to entire database at once(schemas,tables,sequences,...)?

От Ulrich Meis
Тема How do I grant access to entire database at once(schemas,tables,sequences,...)?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi !

I administrate a development server for a little team, and people want
to be able to grant access to an entire database to other
developers/freelancers.

Up till now, I see two possibilities :

1. Write a script that queries the postgres internal tables for all
tables,schemas,sequences,views,functions,... and then executes grant
statements for each one of them. This would have to be repeated each
time a new object is created.

2.(Not sure if this works) Insert a trigger on postgres's internal
tables in template1 that grants permission to a group, say
<dbname>_group, to the created object. Developers that need access to
the database can then be added to that group.

Both solutions require a serious amount of work compared to the simple task.
Is there a simpler or better way to do this?

Thanks for any ideas and comments!

greetings,

Uli