Re: Hot-standby/Reporting database.

От Vibhor Kumar
Тема Re: Hot-standby/Reporting database.
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Mar 19, 2011, at 2:55 AM, John P Weatherman wrote:

> I have recently upgraded to Postgres9 and am building a hot standby for
> reporting.  Unfortunately, my end users are providing requirements for
> 1) real time data replication (which the hot standby does) and 2) the
> ability to create temporary tables as part of their reporting jobs
> (which is expressly prohibited in a hot standby.

Yes. On Hotstandby you cannot create Tables.

> Has anyone run into this already and have an idea for a work around?

Looking your requirement, I would recommend to use Slony Replication, which replicate data from mater to slave and
also,gives ability to create temporary table, without allowing user to tamper/modify the data of Replicated Tables of
(Master).

Thanks & Regards,
Vibhor Kumar
vibhor.aim@gmail.com
Blog:http://vibhork.blogspot.com

От: Jaime Casanova
Сообщение: Re: Hot-standby/Reporting database.
От: Paul Gross
Сообщение: Restarting recovery mode with pg_standby after failure