Re: Plan for feature freeze?

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Plan for feature freeze?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello,<br /><br /> Why don't we just set a freeze of August 1st? Give everyone just a little extra time. No float. If
Momjianwrote: <blockquote cite="mid200404302057.i3UKvnW17466@candle.pha.pa.us" type="cite"><pre wrap="">Marc G.

type="cite"><blockquotetype="cite"><pre wrap="">No, I agree that that would be foolish ... but there has also been
alot
done on the code over the past few months that even *one* of those
featurefreeze?

As we going for June 1, and making no adjustments?  If we have no major
features done, we still do June 1.  Or are we waiting for one or several
thatare currently on tap (ie. Win32) *or* June

1st, whichever happens to be the longer of the two ...

Indications that I've seen through this discussion are that Win32 can, and
butI am worried about giving Win32 special treatment, and having

the date float like that until Win32 is done.  This is what we did with
the SMP fixed in 7.3 and the date slipped week by week.  We have to set
dateisn't floating on Win32 ... the date is floating on one

of the major features (PITR, 2PC, etc) ... if Win32 happens to be the
So you are floating the entire thing.  I am tired of discussing this.
You call the freeze and when it is a disaster, you can take the credit.

I am not worrying about any freeze date anymore.  You freeze whenever
you want to.

Floating a freeze data has always been a failure.  Let's watch it happen
again.
+1-503-667-4564 - <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:jd@commandprompt.com">jd@commandprompt.com</a> - <a
class="moz-txt-link-freetext"href="http://www.commandprompt.com">http://www.commandprompt.com</a>

PostgreSQL Replicator -- production quality replication for PostgreSQL</pre>