Re: Plan for feature freeze?

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Plan for feature freeze?
Дата
Re: Plan for feature freeze?  (Kaare Rasmussen <kar@kakidata.dk>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> > > 1 of the major features that are currently on tap (ie. Win32) *or* June
> > > 1st, whichever happens to be the longer of the two ...
> > >
> > > Indications that I've seen through this discussion are that Win32 can, and
> > > should, be done by June 1st ...so extending may be a moot point anyway ...
> >
> > OK, but I am worried about giving Win32 special treatment, and having
> > the date float like that until Win32 is done.  This is what we did with
> > the SMP fixed in 7.3 and the date slipped week by week.  We have to set
> > the date firm early on.  I think we all agreed to that in the past.
>
> No no ... the date isn't floating on Win32 ... the date is floating on one
> of the major features (PITR, 2PC, etc) ... if Win32 happens to be the
> first major feature, so be it, but it is not contigent on Win32 ...

So you are floating the entire thing.  I am tired of discussing this.
You call the freeze and when it is a disaster, you can take the credit.

I am not worrying about any freeze date anymore.  You freeze whenever
you want to.

Floating a freeze data has always been a failure.  Let's watch it happen
again.

Pennsylvania19073