Re: valgrind errors

От Shachar Shemesh
Тема Re: valgrind errors
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

>Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com> writes:
>

>>Any thoughts on what could be causing these errors?
>>

>I suspect valgrind is complaining because XLogInsert is memcpy'ing a
>struct that has allocation padding in it.  Which of course is a bogus
>complaint ...

As far as I remember (couldn't find modern documentation on the matter)
Valgrind is resitant to this problem. When a block of memory is copied,
the initialized/uninitialized status is copied along. It only complains
when an actual operation is performed using uninitialized memory. This
was developed for the explicit reason of avoiding the problem you describe.
         Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh
Lingnu Open Source Consulting