Re: License question

От Shachar Shemesh
Тема Re: License question
Дата
Re: License question  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Re: License question  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

>Shachar Shemesh <psql@shemesh.biz> writes:
>

>>In particular, the front page claims that PostgreSQL is under the BSD
>>license. The problem is that there are two.
>>

>We use the one shown in the COPYRIGHT file in the top directory of the
>source tree, which is also available for your reading pleasure by
>clicking on the "license" link on that same front page.
>
>            regards, tom lane

Ok, let me explain the issue in a finer point.

The license given in the web link you mention seems to mandate all
related work to be under the same license, which is nowhere near what
BSD means. In particular, this puts some doubt on whether I can use the
code in an LGPL project.

Can anyone shed more light on this point for me? Am I misreading
something? If it is possible to put code into an LGPL project, what is
the requirement?

--
Shachar Shemesh
Lingnu Open Source Consulting

От: ssinger@navtechinc.com
Сообщение: Re: [Pgreplication-general] converting the DBMirror as peer-to-peer
От: Shachar Shemesh
Сообщение: Re: valgrind errors