Re: License question

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: License question
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Shachar Shemesh wrote:
> Can anyone shed more light on this point for me? Am I misreading
> something? If it is possible to put code into an LGPL project, what
> is the requirement?

You have to display the PostgreSQL license text in the source code or
the binary, depending on what you ship.  A strict interpretation would
say that considering the combined work, this is an additional
requirement on top of the [L]GPL, so it is not allowed by the terms of
the [L]GPL.  (But it is allowed by the terms of the PostgreSQL
license.)  A looser interpretation would say that what the PostgreSQL
license text says is essentially a subset of what the [L]GPL already
says anyway, so adding the requirements of the PostgreSQL license on
top of it does not actually impose additional requirements, so there is
no problem.  Which one of these interpretations you believe is between
you and the copyright holders of that LGPL'ed work, but the PostgreSQL
copyright holders don't care.