Re: contrib vs. gborg/pgfoundry for replication solutions

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: contrib vs. gborg/pgfoundry for replication solutions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> I was thinking about CPAN.  They have download stuff, but it installs
> very easily.  I wonder if we should allow gborg projects to interface to
> our configure output in a way that makes it easier for them to be
> installed.

Now that idea I like. The R project also has something similar that
allows a standard R command to download, compile, and install their
equivalent to contrib packages. They even have an automated system of
testing the contributed packages to ensure they work. If the package
doesn't meet certain standards, it is automatically dropped from the
link list on the download page. See:
http://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/R-exts.pdf
if you're interested. Very impressive, but also a huge amount of work to
set up.

> The gborg is easy for development and releasing, but loses in the
> easy-of-use category sometimes.

I agree.

Joe

Сообщение: Re: contrib vs. gborg/pgfoundry for replication solutions
Сообщение: Re: contrib vs. gborg/pgfoundry for replication solutions