Re: [patch] build issues on Win32

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: [patch] build issues on Win32
Дата
Re: [patch] build issues on Win32  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
2010/3/10 David Fetter <david@fetter.org>:
>> > --disable-shared, as previously mentioned.
>>
>> Oh.  Well, we don't really support that, and there is a proposal on
>> the table to remove it altogether from the configure script.  I
>> don't think we're going to contort our source code in order to make
>> a marginal improvement in the ability to coexist with random other
>> code that is also polluting the link-time namespace.
>
> +1 for de-supporting this option.

I would be sad about this. It seems likely there are platforms where
it's important. But I'm not really about to spend the effort to fix it
up myself and I agree it wouldn't be worth hacking the source to get
it to work. I'm a bit puzzled why the symbol conflicts occur only with
static linking though -- it seems like static linking would give more
opportunity to isolate symbols than dynamic linking, not less. Perhaps
our static linking rules are broken?

--
greg