Re: unresolved bugs

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: unresolved bugs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 12:44 AM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> Agreed.  I really don't think a bug tracker helps us.  We need two things:
>
> (1) to respond to bug submissions immediately and fix them, and
> (2) if we can't fix the bugs immediately, to add them to a TODO list
>
> Adding stuff to a bug tracker is just a way to procrastinate on it
> indefinitely.

It's up to us what issues we want to track in what system. It's
perfectly acceptable to say any todo items are tracked outside in the
TODO wiki page. And incidentally I agree with you.

But we also have the open items list that Bruce (sorry I should have
credited you before) and Tom and now apparently Robert track. These
issues are usually tracked for the current development tree because
we're more willing to leave these pending in the development tree but
they also come up for point releases. Sometimes we're not sure what
the right fix is right away or we're waiting on some research or
debugging work but they have to be taken care of for the next release
or declared non-bugs or not worth fixing. They shouldn't just be
forgotten about.

So far we've done a good job but it would be more credible for people
not following the lists if we could point them at the current list at
any time and see what kind of known issues we have and what happens to
issues they report.

--
greg