Re: planned recovery from a certain transaction

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: planned recovery from a certain transaction
Дата
Список pgsql-general
>> The transaction itself works flawlessly, but every once and awhile the data
>> the it uploads from comes in flawed and we have to find a way to reset it.

If you can automate the tests for the flaws you can do the whole
transaction itself as one big transaction in Postgres. Even DDL can be
done in transactions in Postgres. Then run the tests, still in the
same transaction, and if you detect anything wrong roll the whole
shebang back.

--
greg
http://mit.edu/~gsstark/resume.pdf