Re: Controlling proliferation of postgres.exe processes

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: Controlling proliferation of postgres.exe processes
Дата
Список pgsql-general
>> At the current moment, our customer's computer has 22 instances of postgres.exe running.  When a colleague checked a
fewminutes ago, there were 29.  Our contract specifies that we cannot consume more than 40% of the computer's memory,
andwe're over that level.

Keep in mind the Postgres uses shared memory, so make sure not to
count the shared memory segment (set by the shared_buffers
configuration value) repeatedly for every process. I'm not sure which
Windows tools make it clear this shared memory is the same and which
might make it appear to belong to every process.

--
greg
http://mit.edu/~gsstark/resume.pdf

Сообщение: Re: Controlling proliferation of postgres.exe processes
Сообщение: Re: Controlling proliferation of postgres.exe processes