Re: Log rotation

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Log rotation
Дата
Re: Log rotation  ("scott.marlowe" <scott.marlowe@ihs.com>)
Re: Log rotation  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers

This thread seems to have died without a conclusion. AFAICS, we have 5

. the apache program - see below pro: robust, portable, extremely well tested, no effort to import con: possible
licenseissues, limited features

. Peter Eisentraut's program pro: portable, better featured, no license issues con: code state uncertain, less well
tested
. the Afilias script pro: well featured, no license issues con: not portable (relies on perl), testing status
uncertain
. something new pro: no license issues, can make as featured as desired, portable con: lots of effort, untested
. nothing pro: no effort, no license issues :-) con: feature is desired

The issues seem to have been thrashed out ad nauseam. Surely we can put
*something* in contrib for this? After all, nobody has to use it if they
don't want to.

cheers

andrew