Re: COPY formatting

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: COPY formatting
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> And, BTW, I deal with CSV *all the time* for my insurance clients, and I can
> tell you that that format hasn't changed in 20 years.   We can hard-code it
> if it's easier.

Well many of my clients consider CSV "Character Separated Value" not
Comma... Thus I get data like this:

"Hello","Good Bye"
Hello    Good Bye
Hello,Good Bye
"This", "They're"
This    They're
"This"    "Is"    "A"    1

Dealing with all of these different nuances is may or may not be beyond
the scope of copy but it seems that it could be something that it can
handle.

Python has a csv module that allows you to assign dialects to any
specific type of import you are performing.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

Вложения