Re: compile warning in CVS HEAD

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: compile warning in CVS HEAD
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:

>Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com> writes:
>

>>I get the following warning compiling CVS HEAD:
>>[neilc:/Users/neilc/pgsql]% make -C src/backend/utils/error all
>>[ ... ]
>>gcc -no-cpp-precomp -O0 -Winline -fno-strict-aliasing -g -Wall
>>-Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -I../../../../src/include
>>-I/sw/include  -c -o elog.o elog.c -MMD
>>elog.c: In function `log_line_prefix':
>>elog.c:1123: warning: passing arg 1 of `localtime' from incompatible
>>pointer type
>>

>Hm, looks like this code incorrectly assumes that the tv_sec field of
>struct timeval is necessarily the same datatype as time_t.  I'd suggest
>assigning session_start into a local time_t variable.

*sigh*

my local (linux) man for gettimeofday says this:
      struct timeval {              time_t         tv_sec;        /* seconds */              suseconds_t    tv_usec;
/*microseconds */      };

We could do what you say, or could we just cast it?

cheers

andrew

Сообщение: Re: [PERFORM] fsync method checking
Сообщение: Re: [PERFORM] fsync method checking