Re: compile warning in CVS HEAD

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: compile warning in CVS HEAD
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> *sigh*

> my local (linux) man for gettimeofday says this:

>        struct timeval {
>                time_t         tv_sec;        /* seconds */
>                suseconds_t    tv_usec;  /* microseconds */
>        };

Yeah, but mine (HPUX) says that tv_sec is "unsigned long".  I suspect
that on Darwin the types disagree as to signedness.

> We could do what you say, or could we just cast it?

If they really were different types (as in different widths) then
casting the pointer would be a highly Wrong Thing.  I think copying
to a local is safer, even if it does waste a cycle or two.