Re: The Name Game: postgresql.net vs. pgfoundry.org

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: The Name Game: postgresql.net vs. pgfoundry.org
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Dave Page wrote: <blockquote cite="mid03AF4E498C591348A42FC93DEA9661B889F68E@mail.vale-housing.co.uk" type="cite"><pre
wrap="">

From: Andreas Pflug [<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="mailto:pgadmin@pse-consulting.de">mailto:pgadmin@pse-consulting.de</a>]

Sent: 12 March 2004 13:57
To: <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:josh@agliodbs.com">josh@agliodbs.com</a>
Cc: <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org">pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org</a>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] The Name Game: postgresql.net vs. pgfoundry.org

Isn't gforge a pgsql related project itself?
So I'd suggest:

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="http://www.postgresql.org">www.postgresql.org</a>   -> main PostgreSQL
site
gforge.postgresql.org -> gforge interface site
The problem with that approach is that our 'official' sites then get
lost amongst the project sites.

We need some distinction between the core project sites and other
project sites - istm that a different domain is the only way to do that.
touse a name that includes gforge, because of the risk of confusion. That's how we came up with "pgfoundry" in the