Re: [PERFORM] syslog slowing the database?

От Gavin M. Roy
Тема Re: [PERFORM] syslog slowing the database?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Might want to look at metalog, it does delayed writes, though ultimately
your issue is io bound and there's not much you can do to reduce io if
you want to keep syslog logging your pgsql queries and such.

Tom Lane wrote:

>Greg Spiegelberg <gspiegelberg@cranel.com> writes:
>

>>I turned syslog back on and the restore slowed down again.  Turned
>>it off and it sped right back up.
>>

>We have heard reports before of syslog being quite slow.  What platform
>are you on exactly?  Does Richard's suggestion of turning off syslog's
>fsync help?
>
>            regards, tom lane

>      subscribe-nomail command to majordomo@postgresql.org so that your

Сообщение: Re: [PERFORM] syslog slowing the database?
Сообщение: Re: [PERFORM] syslog slowing the database?