Re: CREATE USER system privilege?

От Oli Sennhauser
Тема Re: CREATE USER system privilege?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi admins

Long ago I was asking about system privilege "create user" and
procedures to create users without superuser rights.
Now I have finished some pgplsql-Procedures for granting this rights to
a normal operator.

You can find them on
http://mypage.bluewin.ch/shinguz/PostgreSQL/skripts/f_create_user.tar.gz

Regards Oli

Tom Lane wrote:

>Oli Sennhauser <oli.sennhauser@bluewin.ch> writes:
>

>>>You need to use EXECUTE to construct this query as a string.
>>>

>>Facit: pgplsql does not work for my problem, execute does not work problem.
>>

>I didn't think I would have to spell it out in gory detail ...
>
>regression=# create or replace function cruser(text) returns void as '
>regression'# begin
>regression'#   execute ''CREATE USER '' || quote_ident($1);
>regression'#   return;
>regression'# end' language plpgsql;
>CREATE FUNCTION
>regression=# select cruser('foo');
> cruser
>--------
>
>(1 row)
>
>regression=# select cruser('bar');
> cruser
>--------
>
>(1 row)
>
>regression=# select usename from pg_user;
>        usename
>-----------------------
> postgres
> pleb