Re: Question about todo item

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Question about todo item
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>> By 'in/out interface for TOAST columns' I thought this item dealt with
>> adding large object like functions to read/write/append to TOAST column
>> data.  I know that has been talked about in the past on hackers.  But I
>> don't see it on the todo list.  Has that been done?

> Only large objects allow that kind of access.  I don't think we will do
> that for TOAST columns.

Barry's right --- that *has* been talked about, and I thought the
consensus was that we needed such functions.  You don't necessarily
want to read or write a multi-megabyte TOASTed value all in one go.
If it's not on TODO then it should be.  (But I suspect if you check
the archives, you'll discover that this is exactly what the TODO
item was really about.)