Re: TAP testing for psql's tab completion code

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: TAP testing for psql's tab completion code
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Fabien COELHO <coelho@cri.ensmp.fr> writes:
>> Well, I think that where possible we ought to test using the existing
>> test infrastructure -- help, for example, seems like it could perfectly
>> well be tested in src/test/regress/sql/psql.sql, or we could move stuff
>> out to a new set of SQL test scripts under src/bin/psql/sql/,

> I do not think it is a good idea, because help output is quite large,
> there are many of them, and we should certainly not want it stored
> repeatedly in output files for diffs.

Hm, I don't follow --- we are most certainly not going to exercise
\help for every possible SQL keyword, that'd just be silly.

Having said that, the fact that \help now includes a version-dependent
URL in its output is probably enough to break the idea of testing it
with a conventional expected-output test, so maybe TAP is the only
way for that.