Re: Release note trimming: another modest proposal

От Jonathan S. Katz
Тема Re: Release note trimming: another modest proposal
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On 1/26/19 10:06 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
> "Jonathan S. Katz" <jkatz@postgresql.org> writes:
>> The one "caveat" I will bring up is that once pushed and applied to the
>> site, we would bring introduce a lot of 404s into the website.
>
> Hm.  In principle we could probably insert some redirects, but
> I doubt it's worth the trouble.

The reason I didn't bring it up the redirect method was due to the
latter point: it'd be more trouble than its worth and for not much gain.
How often do people look at the 8.4.7 release notes anyway?

(...I have when researching various things, but that's not a regular
occurrence :-)

> If I haven't heard objections, I'll see about making this happen
> during the first week of Feb (after the CF closes, but before
> it's time to do the February releases' notes).

Thank you! I was hoping to take a crack at doing this, but I would not
be able to do so in the above timeline. However, I should be able to review.

Jonathan

Вложения