Another update on 'portal'

От Alexey Borzov
Тема Another update on 'portal'
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Hi!

Uploaded another attempt:
http://oc.cs.msu.su/pgorg/    (trailing slash is REQUIRED)

Changes since last time:
* Docs are shown
* gettext() localisation works

The source can be d/led:
http://oc.cs.msu.su/pgorg.tar.gz

Main changes from the CVS version:
* HTML is now contained in the template files.
* Gettext is used for localization.
* Language-specific pages are now named page.html.{code}, this will
allow Apache's content negotiation to work on static mirrors
* Code optimisations. CVS version did 2*N+1 queries to display the list
of N news items, my version does 1 query.

See the example of template which is ready for localisation:
http://oc.cs.msu.su/pgorg/template/common.html

Main advantages (from my POW):
* Designers can work on HTML templates without touching anything else
* Translators may work on PO files and (static) HTML templates without
touching anything else.
* Better suited for static mirrors.

Things to do yet:
* form handling
* admin interface

This version is about how far I want to go without Some Sort of
Discussion and later Official Approval. I don't want to waste any more
of my time if the current website is OK with The Important People of
PostgreSQL and they just don't want to Bother Changing Anything.

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: