Re: Can only type 1 character per field when editing

От Andreas Pflug
Тема Re: Can only type 1 character per field when editing
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Dean Peterson wrote:

> I have a test table with 1 numeric field (Int4) and two string fields
> (VarChars).  I open it in the View Data window.  If I tab into the
> number field and start typing, it replaces the previous value then
> lets me type multiple digits.
>
> However, if I tab into a string field and start typing, the first
> character I type is appended to the end of the existing value.  It
> won't let me type additional characters unless I move out of that
> field and back in again.  Then I can type one more character.  If I
> click in the field with the mouse so that there is a blinking cursor
> (caret), then I can edit it normally, typing multiple characters.
>
> Other facts:
> - The same behavior happens in the new row line at the bottom.
> - If I just click in a string field with the mouse without tabbing to
> it, I have to click 3 times before editing normally, once to select
> the cell in the grid with the black outline, once to highlight the
> contents of the cell, and once to get the blinking cursor/caret that
> lets me edit.

This behaviour is known, and I don't have a clue how to work around it.
We're waiting for a new implementation of the grid component, which is
expected some time in the near future.

Regards,
Andreas

TIP 3: if posting/reading through Usenet, please send an appropriate     subscribe-nomail command to
majordomo@postgresql.orgso that your     message can get through to the mailing list cleanly