Can only type 1 character per field when editing in view data window

От Dean Peterson
Тема Can only type 1 character per field when editing in view data window
Дата
Re: Can only type 1 character per field when editing  (Andreas Pflug <pgadmin@pse-consulting.de>)
Список pgadmin-support
I have a test table with 1 numeric field (Int4) and two string fields
(VarChars).  I open it in the View Data window.  If I tab into the
number field and start typing, it replaces the previous value then lets
me type multiple digits.

However, if I tab into a string field and start typing, the first
character I type is appended to the end of the existing value.  It won't
let me type additional characters unless I move out of that field and
back in again.  Then I can type one more character.  If I click in the
field with the mouse so that there is a blinking cursor (caret), then I
can edit it normally, typing multiple characters.

Other facts:
- The same behavior happens in the new row line at the bottom.
- If I just click in a string field with the mouse without tabbing to
it, I have to click 3 times before editing normally, once to select the
cell in the grid with the black outline, once to highlight the contents
of the cell, and once to get the blinking cursor/caret that lets me edit.

Platform: Slackware 9.1, Gnome 2.4
Language: English
Distributions tried:
- Slackware (version?) package of pgadmin3 release 1.0.2
- Slackware 9.1 package with pgadmin3 version 1.1.0 Devel (Feb 8 2004)

P.S. If you have any follow up questions, please CC my email address,
I'm having some trouble getting subscribed to the mailing list.  Thank you.