Re: Contents of pg_listener linger?

От Jeff Boes
Тема Re: Contents of pg_listener linger?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Tom Lane wrote:

>Jeff Boes <jboes@nexcerpt.com> writes:
>

>>What causes the contents of pg_listener to "linger" long past the lifespan of
>>the associated database backend? My table has rows that I know must be days old.
>>

>PG version?

7.3.4

>In any case, if there is a row for a dead backend it should be removed
>the first time someone tries to "notify" that condition name and
>discovers that he can't signal the dead backend.  If you've got days-old
>dead rows they must be for very-infrequently-notified conditions.
>
>            regards, tom lane

Yup, that seems to be the case. When I "NOTIFY" these, they disappear.
Any other way to clean them up?  The problem is that there's one legit
listener, and umpteen dead ones. I can rig up something to notify all
these but I have to make sure that the legit listener is offline.

--
Jeff Boes                                      vox 269.226.9550 ext 24
Database Engineer                                     fax 269.349.9076

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Contents of pg_listener linger?
От: hal
Сообщение: HELP: optimizing shared mem