Re: Forcing connections closed

От Ryan Chambers
Тема Re: Forcing connections closed
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
It's possible to get process ids for clients using something like ps -ef | grep postgres. I wonder, is it safe to use kill to terminate those threads? If this doesn't mess up the database, it might work.

Hadley Willan wrote:
Thanks for that, however that's quite heavy handed in that it will stop the postgres instance.

Is there any way to close connections to a database without stopping postgres itself?

E.G I have three databases, A,B and C, and only want to close C.

Thanks