Re: Problems with pg_dump

От Stefan Holzheu
Тема Re: Problems with pg_dump
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

>>Two weeks ago we did an upgrade from postgresql 7.3.2 to 7.4.1.
>>No we have the problem that pg_dump does not finish. We get the
>>following error message:
>

>>pg_dump: lost synchronization with server: got message type "5", length
>>842281016
>>pg_dump: SQL command to dump the contents of table "aggr_stddev_hour"
>>failed:
>

> That's interesting.  What are the column data types in that table?  What
> character set encoding are you using?  Can you do a dump if you select
> the dump-data-as-INSERT-commands option?

      Tabelle »messungen.aggr_stddev_hour«
  Spalte |           Typ            | Attribute
--------+--------------------------+-----------
  id     | integer                  | not null
  von    | timestamp with time zone | not null
  wert   | double precision         |
  counts | integer                  | not null
Indexe:
     »idx_aggr_stddev_hour_id_von« eindeutig, btree (id, von)

Encoding: LATIN9

The error does not occur always and not always with the same table.
However, the error occurs only on that kind of aggregation tables. There
is a cron-job keeping the tables up to date, starting all 10 minutes.
The job does delete and inserts on the table. Could this somehow block
the dump process? Normally it should not?

>>The database size is about 10 GB.
>

> How big is the particular table?

The table has 9 000 000 entries.

Stefan