Re: Selects query inside function must read commited data

От V i s h a l Kashyap @ [Sai Hertz And Control Systems]
Тема Re: Selects query inside function must read commited data
Дата
Re: Selects query inside function must read commited data  (Andrew Biagioni <andrew.biagioni@e-greek.net>)
Список pgsql-admin
Dear Oliver Elphick  ,
If I am not wrong PostgreSQL select statements works on committed data
thus the new
inserted data at #3 must not be available to sai_func_b() till #5
No.  All operations by a single transaction are visible inside the
transaction. Therefore an encapsulated function can see anything already
done in the whole transaction.  A function must be entirely inside a
transaction and cannot start a transaction, so there can never be any
problem about this.
Loads of thanks  for the kind reply .
Would be greatefull if you kindly post some links/refrences to support your answer for the said.
Thanks one again .

--
Regards,
Vishal Kashyap

I Know you believe my words so logon to Jabber.org
and add vishalkashyap@jabber.org to your roster.                    OR
Seek Me at 264360076
I am usually called as Vishal Kashyap
but my Girlfriend calls me as Vishal CASH UP.
This is because others identify me because of my generosity
but my Girlfriend identify me because of my CASH.