Re: Reminder: spin up REL_11_STABLE on your buildfarm animals

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Reminder: spin up REL_11_STABLE on your buildfarm animals
Дата
Список buildfarm-members

On 07/09/2018 05:35 AM, Mikael Kjellström wrote:

> On 2018-07-08 17:52, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>
>> If you're running the modern way via run_branches.pl with
>> branches_to_build set to ALL or HEAD_PLUS_LATESTn then this should
>> just happen without owner intervention when a new branch is created.
>> So I assume that all these are either running not using
>> run_branches.pl. or have hardcoded lists of branches in their config
>> files.
>
> Yes, I am using the run_build.pl on cron-schedule as I run most of the
> my animals on the same virtualized host and I need to control when
> different animal/branches builds so they don't overlap.  If I would
> run run_branches.pl I have no control over how long each run will take
> and it's hard to schedule.
>
> But I've updated all my animals to include V11 now so they should all
> report in on the next run.

run_branches has a global lock that protects against concurrent runs of
different animals. You just point all the animals on the machine at the
same lock directory. I have several machines with this setup. See
global_lock_dir in the sample config file.

cheers

andrew

В списке buildfarm-members по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Reminder: spin up REL_11_STABLE on your buildfarm animals
Сообщение: Re: Reminder: spin up REL_11_STABLE on your buildfarm animals