Re: SCO Extortion

От Bill Moran
Тема Re: SCO Extortion
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Jim Mercer wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 06:16:46PM -0800, Gavin M. Roy wrote:
>
>>Thanks for the feedback thus far.  I should also mention I use freebsd
>>for other stuff, but I am mainly asking in peoples experience, which is
>>the best for PostgreSQL to live on specifically.  In terms of a nice smp
>>high end scsi system.  Sorry for the lack of specifics on that before.
>

> i've built several billing systems for long distance companies using pgsql
> on FreeBSD since '97.  i've found them to be quite stable and robust,
> including uniprocessor and SMP, using raw big disks, hardware RAID, and also
> the incumbent vinum software RAID.
>
> i've found upgrading the core OS, as well as upgrading pgsql and other apps,
> to be fairly clean and troublefree.

Since this is a "me too" kinda thread, I'll just say "me too".

Not nearly as long a history, only been working with PostgreSQL for about 2
years, but I've been relying on FreeBSD since 98/99, and it's never let me
down.

Not saying that NetBSD and OpenBSD aren't great systems as well, I just
started with FreeBSD, and I've never had need for anything else.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies