Re: SCO Extortion

От Jim Mercer
Тема Re: SCO Extortion
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 06:16:46PM -0800, Gavin M. Roy wrote:
> Thanks for the feedback thus far.  I should also mention I use freebsd
> for other stuff, but I am mainly asking in peoples experience, which is
> the best for PostgreSQL to live on specifically.  In terms of a nice smp
> high end scsi system.  Sorry for the lack of specifics on that before.

i've built several billing systems for long distance companies using pgsql
on FreeBSD since '97.  i've found them to be quite stable and robust,
including uniprocessor and SMP, using raw big disks, hardware RAID, and also
the incumbent vinum software RAID.

i've found upgrading the core OS, as well as upgrading pgsql and other apps,
to be fairly clean and troublefree.

--
[ Jim Mercer        jim@reptiles.org         +1 416 410-5633 ]
[          I want to live forever, or die trying.            ]