Re: Replication question

От Jan Wieck
Тема Re: Replication question
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Dann Corbit wrote:

>When replication is implemented, what is going to happen with database
>systems that rely heavily on sequences for primary keys?

Don't know which replication system you mean, there are some implemented
already.

As for Slony, I plan to have the functions setval(), nextval() and
curval() get renamed and replication wrappers put around them that a)
disable non-replication access to the latter two in slave configuration
and b) capture the modifications to the sequence and cause the slave
engines to issue appropriate setval() calls.

This is independant from the values assigned to the data rows on INSERT
since Slony captures all table updates via AFTER triggers, so the
replication information contains the correct final value of the columns
no matter how they got there.

Jan