Re: OLE DB driver

От Shachar Shemesh
Тема Re: OLE DB driver
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Robert Treat wrote:

>Can you fill us in on your efforts to contact the original project author?

Sure thing. Here it is:
The project is located at
http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/oledb/projdisplay.php. It has
released no code, shows no CVS activity, and seems rather empty. There
are two tasks listed, without any status attached to them. There was one
bug, which suggests that there used to be some code, but it's in
"submitted" state, and I'm not sure what it relates to.

The front page says "please email me if you want to join". However, I
could not locate the email address for "mosiu", the administrator.
Lastly, I used the form to ask to become a developer of this project
(about a month ago). I have received no answer of any kind. As such, I
reached the conclusion that this project is terminally dead, and that
it's code is unrecoverable.

>  If
>those efforts have failed and the code is no longer being maintained, we can
>contact the gborg maintainer about making you the admin for the project.

I would love it if you contacted him, but I don't even have the code for
the current project. The bug report seems to suggest that such a code
exists, but I'm damned if I can find it.

>don't think there is an official policy on this, but this seems like a
>reasonable request as long as your willing to either update the old code or
>leave it as it's own seperate module within the cvs tree.

Like I said, there doesn't appear to be any old code to maintain. I have
requested a new project on gborg (pgoledb), but getting the current name
is just as good. If the current code is somehow recovered, I'll be more
than glad to have a look at it. After all - I don't INSIST on writing
from scratch.

--
Shachar Shemesh
Lingnu Open Systems Consulting

От: Claudio Natoli
Сообщение: LWLock/ShmemIndex startup question
От: Robert Treat
Сообщение: Re: OLE DB driver