Re: How can i start up POSTMASTER from unprivilege account

От Goulet, Dick
Тема Re: How can i start up POSTMASTER from unprivilege account
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Your username would have to have the same group as PostGreSQL assigned to you, normally DBA.

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA
Oracle Certified 8i DBA

-----Original Message-----
From: Mohammad Tanvir Huda [mailto:shayer009@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 29, 2004 9:30 PM
To: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: [ADMIN] How can i start up POSTMASTER from unprivilege account

Hello All

 I have an account in our cluster. This is a normal linux use.

 Our administrator have set up postgres there. But he have n't start up the postgreSQL server in the cluster.

 Can anyone tell me how can I start up the postmaster and from an user space. Where should i need to configure. As getting administrative privilege cannot be possible as it is in an university.

 Pls tell me at your earliest.  I am very new to postgreSQL.

 Pls help me out.

 Regards

 Shayer

Do you Yahoo!?