Problem connecting from Windows 9x/Me

От Harry Sufehmi
Тема Problem connecting from Windows 9x/Me
Дата
Re: Problem connecting from Windows 9x/Me  (Harry Sufehmi <milis-2@harrysufehmi.com>)
Список pgsql-odbc
Hi,

Thank you for the ODBC driver, it has enabled us to access the PostgreSQL
server from our Windows 2000 & XP machine.
However, people on Windows 9x/Me machines are having problems.

Basically, everytime they open the MS Access application, the application
failed with the following error message:
"ODBC -- connection to 'pgsql_sir' failed."

There's a workaround for this - if we create a new table link to the
PostgreSQL database, then afterwards everything works fine. I have no idea
why it solves the problem (temporarily), but there you go.

But of course this can not be / not feasible to be done by the users
everytime they start up the application, so I hope somebody can help us to
solve this problem.

I've made the SQL.LOG files (ODBC tracing output) available :

http://www.abangadek.com/tamu/ODBCLOG-unable-to-connect.txt
Recorded the failure of our internal MS Access application to connect to
the PostgreSQL server

http://www.abangadek.com/tamu/ODBCLOG-connected-after-creating-new-link-in-Access.txt
Recorded the table link creation process to the PostgreSQL server.
Afterwards, the MS Access application can access the PostgreSQL database
with no problem whatsoever.

We'd be grateful for any assistance anyone can give us regarding this.

Many thanks,
Harry