freeing disk space used by postgresql/postmaster

От Colleen Williams
Тема freeing disk space used by postgresql/postmaster
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi
We are experiencing this scenario -
1. at the point postgresql (postmaster) is stopped and restarted the disk
usage was 56% (277336 blocks)
2. after about 2 days the disk usage is 69% (339528 blocks)... after about
1 week it goes up to 100%
3. after stopping and restarting postgresql (postmaster) again the disk
usage is back to 56%
Do we need to start and stop postgresql regularly to free up disk space -
is this normal?
I vacuum the databases regularly but this does not seem to make any difference.
Many Thanks,
Colleen.

Colleen Williams
colleen@digital-arts.co.uk

0207 484 8825

Digital Arts | British Columbia House | 1 Regent Street | London | SW1Y 4NR
http://www.digital-arts.co.uk